Do you enjoy learning about business, developing yourself and exchanging ideas and inspiration with other interesting and motivated women? Or have you maybe been wanting to read more books but don’t get around to it or lack inspiration? Then this book club could be for you!
As a group, we vote on the moderator’s choice of three books and the meeting moderator is rotating. Meetings are structured so we can all get the most out of them, but don’t worry, there is time for some fun and socialising too!
We’re currently reading:
- Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones by James Clear (choice for November 2020)
- The Power of Moments: Why Certain Experiences Have Extraordinary Impact by Chip Heath, Dan Heath (choice for January 2021)
- Click here to see our previous book choices
We meet every 3rd Monday of the month at the WBII office at Nassauplein 20 (or online via Zoom, as is the current situation amid the coronavirus pandemic) from 18:30 – 20:30.
Would you like to join us? Simply contact one of the members below to be added to our WhatsApp Group.
Members participating in the Business Book Club
What’s on our Bookshelf?
- The Power of Moments: Why Certain Experiences Have Extraordinary Impact by Chip Heath, Dan Heath (January 2021)
- Atomic Habits: An easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones by James Clear (November 2020)
- Building A StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen by Donald Miller (October 2020)
- I’m Still Here: Black Dignity in a World Made for Whiteness by Austin Channing Brown (August 2020)
- Untamed: Stop pleasing, start living by Glennon Doyle (July 2020)
- On Writing Well: The Classic Guide to Writing Nonfiction by William Zinsser (June 2020)
- Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert (May 2020)
- This is Marketing: You Can’t Be Seen Until You Learn To See by Seth Godin (April 2020)
- How to Fail: Everything I’ve Ever Learned From Things Going Wrong by Elizabeth Day (March 2020)
- Daring Greatly: How the Courage to be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent and Lead by Brene Brown (February 2020)
More book suggestions from the group:
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change by Stephen R. Covey
- Why I’m No Longer Talking to White People About Race by Reni Eddo-Lodge
- I’m Still Here: Black Dignity in a World Made for Whiteness by Austin Channing Brown
- Blindspot: Hidden Biases of Good People by Mahzarin R. Banaji, Anthony G. Greenwald
- You’re Not Listening: What You’re Missing and Why It Matters by Kate Murphy
- The Imposter Cure: How to stop feeling like a fraud and escape the mind-trap of imposter syndrome by Dr Jessamy Hibberd
- Everything is Figureoutable by Marie Forleo
- Playing Big: A practical guide for brilliant women like you by Tara Mohr
- The Way You Do Anything is the Way You Do Everything: The Why of Why Your Business Isn’t Making More Money by Suzanne Evans
- 21 Lessons for the 21st Century by Yuval Noah Harari
- The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbable by Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- Wired to Create by Scott Barry Kauffman and Carolyn George
- The Artful Marketer by Minette Riordan
- Stillness Is the Key by Ryan Holiday
- Brand Thinking and Other Nobel Pursuits by Debbie Millman
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol S. Dweck
Book shops we like:
- Boekhandel Stanza – Noordeinde 98, 2514 GM Den Haag
- Couvée-Benoordenhaeghe Boek & Kantoor – Van Hoytemastraat 66, 2596 ES Den Haag