WBII Member, Ute Limacher-Riebold, has a free event coming up as an introduction to her 5 week course ‘Expat Training for the Accompanying Partner’.
When: Monday 12 October 2015, 10:00-14:00
Where: Christus Triumfatorkerk, Juliana van Stolberglaan 154, 2595 CL The Hague
Please find more information about the Free Introduction here.
Expat Training for the Accompanying Partner
5 week course starting 2 November 2015
Many companies provide in-house expat training for their employees and some lectures and workshops for the accompanying partner, who, most of the time, is the one who gets in contact with locals, deals with daily routines, learns the local language and takes care of the children and most of the organisational aspects of the mobile life.
Did you know that the main reason for expat failure is poor preparation of the accompanying partner?
In my training I offer practical advice and support on how to master several aspects of the international life. – All internationals develop coping strategies during the stages of their life abroad, and in this training we’ll look at the most common ones and those recommended by experts, and we’ll share those that worked for us and discuss the pros and cons.
In this 5 weeks training we will talk about:
- The stages of an international life: how to make sure that all the family members transition well or adjust well, and tips and strategies to feel at home abroad, i.e. in the Netherlands.
When: Monday 2 November 2015 (10:00-12:00)
- Children on their international journey: what to consider, what to avoid and how to embrace this kind of life.
When: Monday 16 November 2015 (10:00-12:00)
- The Accompanying Partner: all is settled. How to make the most out of your life abroad as accompanying partner.
When: Monday 30 November 2015 (10:00-12:00)
- Parenting the Bilingual Child: internationally living children learn several languages. How can you make sure that they will maintain the family language(s) ? How can you support them to improve their language skills “on the move”?
When: Monday 7 December 2015 (10:00-12:00)
- Repatriation: are you considering to repatriate at some point? Do you know what to expect and how to prepare for your re-entering?
When: Monday 11 January 2016 (10:00-12:00)
The training consists in 2 hour sessions where participants learn about the topics.
Costs per person: 200 € (incl. BTW) incl. learning materials and refreshments.
Please find more information about the Expat Training and the Free Introduction here.