Executive Board: Branding and Communications Position
Managing internal communications, designing and implementing strategy and maintaining brand marketing for the Women’s’ Business Initiative
The WBII Board:
The Executive Board consists of committed members, each taking specific responsibilities to support the WBII. The Board members are all volunteers, dedicating an average of 5 hours per week to the organisation. We meet monthly for our Board Meetings to establish, review and implement the business strategy of the WBII, ensuring that the organisation is on track and sustainable. We aim to have between 6 and 8 members on the board, each bringing in specific skills
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a new member to join the board , if possible with knowledge and a desire to focus on Branding and Communications. You will be responsible for managing press and PR activities, dealing with media queries, raising our profile in the local media, coordinating with our Social Media person and a wide range of other communication and public engagement activities.
We are looking for someone who has:
- excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- good interpersonal, diplomacy, communication and teamwork skills
- strong knowledge of social media
- the ability to manage own time, prioritise work and meet deadlines
- enthusiasm and motivation
- Requires a commitment of 2 years, with an average contribution of 5 hours per week
- Registration at KvK (only required for select roles)
- There is an orientation meeting prior to joining the Board
- Attendance at monthly Executive Board meetings (first Tuesday of the month 10-12)
- Presence at the monthly networking events is a plus
- Keep up-to-date with board level communications (using Asana)
- Support and participate in WBII events
Selfless dedication and commitment are a must, as is the ability to work independently on the tasks assigned and report back to the Board in the time frame agreed upon.
This is an exciting and varied role with lots of room for creativity.
What we offer our board members:
- Opportunities to enhance your own professional skills, work in a dynamic and inspirational team, as well as to make a difference to the WBII and to women worldwide
- Increase your visibility within the entrepreneurial and international communities.
- Your company logo will be displayed on the website as a Friend Sponsor with an active link back to your website.
- Bring guests to the networking events at the member price. Please notify the Office Manager in advance by email.
- Opportunities to grow your network, connect with members and with The Hague on a different level.
- On a personal level, though we work hard it is a fun team, and you get to learn a lot about yourself, and about others.
- Voluntary positions at this level, especially in this area, are valued by employers and will also enhance your LinkedIn profile.
- Free attendance at networking events
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com