Networking review by Johanne Bade
Not only this topic, but also this evening’s presenter was for me a personal treat. Taking the time to reflect on this amazing year, and set myself up for success by planning ahead for an equally fantastic 2020 is something that’s been on my list for a while. Now there is no excuse! I’ve been there, got the inspiration and the framework – time to Make It Happen for 2020 🙂
Erica van Engel has presence. She is elegant, poised, calm and confident. Erica is a Business Coach for Social Entrepreneurs and came to WBII to share with us her valuable knowledge on planning during this mini masterclass. What I found particularly inspiring was to hear that Erica practices what she preaches. Not only on a yearly basis, but every 90 days she sits down to go through the planning structure she shared with us.
Personal & vulnerable
Erica is a living example of the power of vulnerability. She shared the life-changing story that brought her to where she is now: having a near-death experience related to a rare auto-immune disease when her daughter was only 10 weeks old. Wonderful to hear that earlier this year she received a clean bill of health from her doctors. While taking us through her framework, Erica gave us personal examples of where she herself has goals and is improving.
“A successful conscious entrepreneur starts with two beliefs: the future can be better than the present, and I have the power to make it so.” This was the quote of the evening, and resonated in the content we were given in this short, yet powerful masterclass.
Did you know that by the end of January, 35% of people have given up on their New Year’s resolutions or goals? And that only 23% make it to the end of the year? I for one, definitely want to be, and plan on being, part of that 23%!
Setting your strategy to success in 10 steps
Why is having a strategy important? Because we need a map to get where we want to go!
1. Reflect on the past. Ask yourself the following 6 questions.
- What are the best 3 things that have happened in the past year?
- What did you have to do to achieve these 3 things?
- What are the 3 things that could have worked out better?
- What can you do to avoid or improve these things?
- What gets you out of your flow?
- What do you do to get back on track?
2. Write down your new reality. What does life need to look like to give yourself a 10 in each category?
- Personal Development
- Family and relations
- Community service
- Free time/fun
3. Assess these 7 areas of life. For each area, what score did you give yourself for 2019? And what score do you want to achieve in 2020?
4. Set 1-3 goals per area. Why do you want to achieve these goals? If 7 goals feels like too much, look at which 3 areas you want to improve the most (your scores from point 3) and make those the priority.
5. Make a goal board (not a vision board)
6. Decide how you want to feel. For example: I’m happy and fulfilled.
7. Define how you’re going to deal with limiting beliefs (because you will have them). A success belief could be: I deserve to succeed because I add value to other people’s lives.
8. Create an action plan. For each of the goals you set, write out 3 steps you can take. Her example? Running a ¼ marathon.
- Train 3x a week
- Join a running school
- Buy a ticket to the race
9. Determine what tools/means you need. For example money, a website, childcare, training, a new machine.
10. Who do you need help or support from (don’t do it alone). In any case Erica believes everyone can benefit from a buddy (someone who is at the same level as you are), a circle or mastermind group, and a mentor/coach.
So there you have it! Even if you couldn’t make it to this amazing mini masterclass, you now have an outline of how to approach planning for 2020!
SPECIAL OFFER FROM ERICA:
If you would like some help with setting your own goals and an accountability partner to start strong, please feel invited to join the full-day masterclass on 17 December 2019 or 7 January 2020.
In the MAKE IT HAPPEN Masterclass you will:
- set your goals
- plan your route
- define and prioritize action steps
- learn how to deal with obstacles and limiting beliefs
- boost your productivity and motivation
- build your routine
All just in 1 day!
The masterclass is very intensive and filled with practical and doable assignments. Therefore we’ll work in a small group of max. 8 participants.
The Master class is offered for € 149,= excl. VAT, including all drinks, snacks, lunch, and workbook plus 3 special bonuses.
Because of my 49th Birthday, I’m offering all attendees of the WBII mini masterclass an exclusive discount of € 49.
Two 1-on-1 Q&A calls (max. 30 min) via Zoom after day 30 and day 60.
These live calls are my way of making sure you get the support you need to make things happen.
Invitation for a celebration drink on April 3rd, 2020 to savor your successes.
A personal goodie bag
You can find more info and buy your ticket through the following link:
Use code: WBII2811 to claim your discount.